May 19, 2013

Week 7 ... Learner Autonomy and working on my project

Time really flies so fast ... this amazing course is about to finish. This week has been really productive for me and also for my students. The blog itself started a week ago and I have already posted three exercises to my students. They gave me the answers sheets back last Friday, and I am starting to check them tomorrow (Monday). This week I learned more abour Learner Autonomy. Well, learner's autonomy is a very extense topic. Throughout the readings and my background knowledge about the topic, I may say that encouraging greater autonomy among students is a very challgenging task it this is new for them. In fact, this is something that students need but teacher-centered classes hinder students development in this issue. That is why, it is necessary to incorporate activities in which the students may feel comfortable with, so they will have the possibility to take a better understanding of their own learning process. They are more aware and more active on what they need to learn.

For instance, we as teachers have to learn them discover which their intelligences are and provide them with the adequate tools to develop activities according to their learning styles. Because of this, it is necessary to incorporate technology in our classes because this is what the students like and it is a very powerful key to motivate students succeed in their learning process.

Also, in my course we started looking for partners who are going to help us checking our reports and projects this week. I am going to work with Elias Dalio who is from Senegal and also with Hoda Kain who is from Lebanon. So far, Hoda has given me some good pieces of advice about my blog and this has encouraged me because she knows lots of things about blogging. I also cheched a website called "Padlet". It is interesting and very useful because it is interactive but it is a little messy because everyone may post different things in a kind of "wall" there. Well, this is all for this week and there are many things to do for this coming one.

Roberto

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;